Y.A.L.E. School partners with GreenVision Inc. helping to keep e-waste out of landfills
Y.A.L.E. School has entered into a partnership with GreenVision®, a New Jersey-based non-profit offering students employment training and work skills in a growing area of the technology sector that benefits our planet and our communities. Students at Y.A.L.E.’s Ellisburg and Northfield campuses are accepting old electronics in order to dismantle, sort and recycle the components. Not only are they keeping electronic waste out of landfills, they are earning a paycheck and gaining valuable work experience. After a short training period, eligible students will have the option to advance to jobs with increasing responsibilities. As part of the partnership with GreenVision®, Y.A.L.E. students will also learn about sustainability and participate in yearlong environmental service-learning projects in the community.
How The Recycling Program Works
- You drop off your old unused electronics (almost anything with a power cord) at one of our three participating campus locations.
- Students sort, dismantle, and prepare broken down components for recycling while earning a paycheck $$$.
- Processed components are sent to a certified e-waste handling plant for recycling and reuse.
- E-waste is kept out of our soil and water supply where it could harm plants and wildlife.
How To Donate Your Items For Recycling
To donate, please drop items off for recycling at the Y.A.L.E. School Cherry Hill, Ellisburg, or Northfield campuses during school hours. E-mail Danielle Moretti at firstname.lastname@example.org or Noah McKay at email@example.com to learn more.
- Computers and accessories*
- Printers, copiers, scanners & fax machines
- Inkjet and laser printer ink and toner cartridges
- Telephones & cell phones
- Small kitchen appliances
- Vacuum cleaners (empty)
- Entertainment equipment
- TVs and computer monitors*
*a small recycling fee of $10-$20 per item applies to all TVs, computer monitors and hard drives due to the cost of safely recycling some materials present in these items.
About GreenVision® Inc.
GreenVision® is 99.7% landfill-free and has already recycled over 1,255,404 pounds of e-waste to date. We are thrilled to offer this new program to our students!