The admissions coordinators for Y.A.L.E. School make individual admissions decisions, but the referral and application follows a standard multi-step process.
Students who attend Y.A.L.E School are eligible under federal law for special education and related services.
Students are accepted year-round, whenever an opening becomes available.
To learn more about the admissions process please fill out our Admissions Questionnaire online or use the directory below to contact the admissions coordinator at a specific campus directly. We will respond as soon possible to help you learn more about Y.A.L.E. School or to schedule a tour of one of our campuses.
As a New Jersey state-approved private school for students with disabilities, Y.A.L.E School recognizes the importance of the placement decision-making process as one that is collaborative, after discussing their request with the sending school district. Therefore, it is the policy of the Y.A.L.E. School to offer parent tours for New Jersey residents only after discussing with the sending school district.
Y.A.L.E. School will offer a visit to a potential student only after our admission liaison has received appropriate referral records from the sending school district. Formal acceptance will take place only after a comprehensive review of the student’s most recent IEP or 504 plan and/or student records and notification to the home district.
|Alvin Doyle||Northfield||(609) 677-9960 ext. email@example.com|
|Karen Huber MS, MFCC, NJ Certified School Social Worker||Cedar Creek, Cherry Hill, Ellisburg, Mansfield Twp., Medford, Standard 9, Philadelphia||(856) 482-5252 ext. firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Dr. Rachael Sautter Ph.D., BCBA-D||Audubon, Mullica Twp., Southeast at Marlton||(856) 346-0007 ext. email@example.com|
Parents’ Questions About Admissions:
- How can my child attend Y.A.L.E School?
- The decision to send a particular student to Y.A.L.E. School is made by your child’s Individualized Education Program (IEP) team. As a parent, you are an important and equal member of that team. Your school district can initiate the process for placement; placement in an out-of-district program is an IEP-team decision.
- What is the process for referral and admissions?
- If your child’s IEP team is considering Y.A.L.E. School for placement, the school district’s Child Study Team (CST) should send a letter, along with your child’s school records (including relevant educational and psychological evaluations) to us. Records should be directed to the campus you are considering. Y.A.L.E. School can arrange admissions interviews at the request of school districts. The interview may include the student, parents or guardians, school district representatives, and Y.A.L.E. School’s professional staff.
- How much does it cost?
- In most cases, the child’s local school district pays tuition and transportation costs, at no cost to the parents. Y.A.L.E. School does accept private pay in a small number of cases.
- How can I arrange a visit?
- If you are interested in a tour, please reach out to your Child Study Team to let them know of your interest. Then, you may reach out to the admissions coordinator at Y.A.L.E. We encourage parents to tour with their Child Study Team. Tours of any of Y.A.L.E. School’s campuses can be arranged on most weekdays.