The admissions coordinators for Y.A.L.E. School make individual admissions decisions, but the referral and application follows a standard multi-step process.
Students who attend Y.A.L.E School are eligible under federal law for special education and related services.
Y.A.L.E. School can arrange admissions interviews at the request of parents or school districts.
Students are accepted year-round, whenever an opening becomes available.
To learn more about the admissions process please fill out our Admissions Questionnaire online or use the directory below to contact the admissions coordinator at a specific campus directly. We will respond as soon possible to help you learn more about Y.A.L.E. School or to schedule a tour of one of our campuses.
|Alvin Doyle||Northfield||(609) 677-9960 ext. firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Karen Huber MS, MFCC, NJ Certified School Social Worker||Cedar Creek, Cherry Hill, Ellisburg, Mansfield Twp., Medford, Standard 9, Philadelphia||(856) 482-5252 ext. email@example.com|
|Dr. Rachael Sautter Ph.D., BCBA-D||Audubon, Ellisburg Autism, Mullica Twp., Voorhees||(856) 346-0007 ext. firstname.lastname@example.org|
Parents’ Questions About Admissions:
- How can my child attend Y.A.L.E School?
- The decision to send a particular student to Y.A.L.E. School is made by your child’s Individualized Education Program (IEP) team. As a parent, you are an important and equal member of that team. Parents or school districts can initiate the process for placement; however, placement in an out-of-district program is an IEP-team decision. Private tours of a Y.A.L.E. campus can be scheduled with an admissions coordinator by request. (Please see below.)
- What is the process for referral and admissions?
- If your child’s IEP team is considering Y.A.L.E. School for your child’s educational placement, the school district’s Child Study Team (CST) should send a letter, along with your child’s school records (including relevant educational and psychological evaluations) to Y.A.L.E. School. Records should be directed to the campus you are considering. Y.A.L.E. School can arrange admissions interviews at the request of school districts or parents. The interview may include the student, parents or guardians, school district representatives, and Y.A.L.E. School’s professional staff.
- How much does it cost?
- In most cases, the child’s local school district pays tuition and transportation costs, at no cost to the parents. Y.A.L.E. School does accept private pay in a small number of cases.
- How can I arrange a visit?
- Tours of any of Y.A.L.E. School’s campuses can be arranged on most weekdays. Tours are for parents and school districts. If the family or school district is interested in pursuing placement after the tour, the admissions coordinator will ensure that a referral packet has been received and an intake scheduled; at that time, the child will visit the school.