Y.A.L.E. School is pleased to announce our newest “school within a school program” at Cedar Creek High School in Egg Harbor City, New Jersey. Final approval is pending, but we anticipate opening September 2014.
A pioneer in the field of special education, Y.A.L.E. School is one of the few state approved private schools that operates programs within a public school, giving students the opportunity to receive highly specialized services in a setting offering interactions with typical peers.
The program is designed for students ages 14-18 with high functioning autism or multiple disabilities, and was created after speaking with many parents, child advocates, Special Education Directors and Child Study Team members in south Jersey. Y.A.L.E. School’s new Cedar Creek campus adds an outstanding new special education placement option for eligible students in Atlantic, Southern Burlington and Ocean, Gloucester and Cape May Counties.
Y.A.L.E. School’s Cedar Creek campus offers:
- Highly specialized services and supports, with opportunities for inclusion in a state-of-the-art public high school building
- Engagement in a rigorous high school academic curriculum designed to promote college and workplace readiness
- Direct social skills instruction designed to help students engage during less structured peer-to-peer activities such as lunch, physical education, clubs, school plays and sporting events
- Small group instruction in a supportive Y.A.L.E. classroom, staffed by a well trained certified teacher of the handicapped and teacher assistants
- Supported inclusion in a general education setting, facilitated by Y.A.L.E. staff
- An individualized high school schedule designed around each student’s needs, strengths, interests and aptitudes
- Counseling and related services provided by credentialed Y.A.L.E. staff, and based on the individual needs of the student
If you are interested in learning more about Y.A.L.E. School’s Cedar Creek campus, please contact Mr. Glenn Martins, School Psychologist/Assistant Director at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 609-517-0226.