Skip to content
Y.A.L.E. School News
- Contact your child’s teacher early in the year if you have questions or concerns. Do not wait and hope things “work themselves out.”
- Set home routines and follow them. Students (and parents) do best when there are predictable routines and schedules for meals, homework, bedtime and play.
- Use a family calendar — a white board, chalkboard or app — to keep busy afterschool schedules on track. A picture board of activities will help some children see what to expect.
- Get plenty of outdoor exercise after school. It helps children burn off that extra energy, allowing them to sleep better.
- Don’t forget the importance of good nutrition. Be sure your child has a healthy snack after school to fuel the hours before dinner.