Every year, the Council of Private Schools for Children with Special Needs presents the Ruth K. Newman Award for Excellence to teaching professionals in the area of Special Education in NJ. The award is named after Ms. Ruth K. Newman, a pioneer in establishing private-school education for disabled youngsters. Y.A.L.E. staff members have been honored with the award many times in the past, and 2011 is no exception. This year, several of our staff members were recipients of the award:
- Pattie Athill – Northfield
- Cynthia Caddell – Audubon
- Margaret Chapman – Cherry Hill
- Brianna D’Abundo – Hamilton Twp.
- Patrick Finn – Williamstown
- Laura Francoeur – Cherry Hill
- Danielle Whinna – Voorhees
This award is bestowed upon educational professionals who excel in providing outstanding services, support, and teaching to children with special needs. Congratulations to all of our award winners!